Sunday, February 26, 2012

Simply Sunday ~ Mini Green Hydrangea


Welcome to Simply Sunday at The Corson Cottage!
I thought I may never get to this post today....
Better late than never:)

Simply Sunday is a new series where we will be showing our appreciation for the simple things.
It's so important to note the small things in life that just make you happy.
Whether it be some part of nature, a gesture, entertaining family & friends, anything really.
Just take time out to make sure you stop & smell the roses so to speak.
What makes you stop & take a moment to appreciate life?



This week my Simply Special item is
 {Mini Green Hydrangeas}


If you follow along on my blog you may already know I have a sweet spot for any Hydrangea.
I just simply love them all!
Such a lovely natural subtle pop of Spring these minis would be the
 perfect addition to a table setting or vignette.


You also really don't have to break the bank to add a little natural touch to your spring decor.
I picked up three small stems for just $10.

{Tip}

Here's a tip.
 If you simply cut your stems to the size of your container, then gently scrape about
an inch from the bottom of the stem almost like you were pealing off the
 outer layer it will help them last longer. 
 Also remember to pull off some of the large green leaves before
placing your Hydrangeas in a container. 
(I like to leave on a few for looks too even though you can't really see them in this container.)
This will help the nutrients and water go directly to the ball of the flower.

Hope you all have had a Simply wonderful Sunday!

Check back this week...it's moving week at The Corson's!!!
We will be doing a Farewell Tour of Our First Home!

5 comments:

  1. Your mini hydrangeas are so pretty. Can't wait until mine are in bloom again. The green is beautiful with the white.
    I'm your newest follower and hope you'll stop by.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is such a sweetness about hydrangeas, Carrie! I adore them, too! Thanks for the tips, too! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I appreciate each and every cottage visitor and hope you willll come back again soon! Carrie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...