Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our Renovation ~ Inspiration Images

via
 
We are coming to the point in our renovation where we are putting the
 finishing touches on the structural build.
It is almost time to begin the siding, windows & doors.
Before you know it we will be on to the finishing of the mechanicals & beginning the inside finishes.
I have waited & waited for this part.
It is time to begin planning some of the small details that will turn this project
 from a pipe dream into reality & our dream home.
 
 
I have spent some time lately really trying to sift through all of my thoughts/plans/etc.
(And maybe a just few dozen Cottage Living Magazines I have stashed over the years.)
Afterall this may be the last home we ever live in.
It needs to be right & encompass as many of our hopes & aspirations as possible.
 
You know the thoughts like.
 
Maybe one day I would like to have...
In my dream home...
If I could choose anything it would be...
I have to have one of these...
 
 
 
 
 
The images I have found here truly capture the overall
 look feel & aesthetic I am hoping to achieve in our new home.
I thought I would share some of what we were going through in our renovation life currently.
Even though these are not images from our home a large part of renovating is being inspired.
I have to remind myself from time to time how worth it this will all be in the end.
 
Here's to the Renovators!
 
Have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Again, like the inspiration picture of the stairs before I love the contrast between the lights and the wood. I really love that oversized metal lantern light. I have a love affair with linen slipcovered chairs right now so I'm digging those bar stools too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting....I love your taste.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I appreciate each and every cottage visitor and hope you willll come back again soon! Carrie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...