Saturday, May 7, 2011

Design Balance

One of the things I have been struggling with in our cottage design is balance.
It seems as though I have not been able to get the right amount
of old and new, vintage and modern.
It is my biggest design challenge.  Don't fear I am up for the test!

Before I met my husband my decor style was definitely more on the organic modern side.
Apartment living, CB2 sofa, West Elm furniture and accessories.  We purchased our cottage style bungalow home back in 2008.  Since then I have all but given up most of my more modern furniture.  I have searched out flea markets for many of our pieces and we have purchased a few key cottage style pieces of furniture together
(sofa, coffee table, dining table and chairs).

Now it seems like I have went toooo far the other direction. 
 I am looking to get that balance back and have our look come full circle
 to, what I see as a modern cottage style bungalow home. 
Currently we seem very rustic and woodsy and neutural.

So, I am one the hunt for my pops of modern! 
 Fresh paint, rugs, fabrics, pillows, drapery, incorporating color, you name it!

Right now I am crushing a bit on the Schumacher Imperial Trellis in cream and navy.



Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I appreciate each and every cottage visitor and hope you willll come back again soon! Carrie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...