Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back Porch Before and After

Happy Sunday!

Hope you all had a great weekend!


As promised here are our before and afters from our back porch redo.
This room is directly off our kitchen kinda as a bonus room on the back of our house.
Trust me.....you have no idea what a thorn in my side this project was!
Thank god it's over!


before
(well kinda actually somewhere in the middle of the project -
this went on for a bit longer than originally planned)
 

after
 







This is probably my favorite room in the whole house. 
I think it's becuase it feels the most like me.

I love the white on white and the contrast of the rustic wood.
Warm and cozy, yet minimal and simple.

Check out our DIY White Washed Wood Floors For Less post
to see our tutorial on how we did it!
Keep checking back all week.  We have lots more updates to share.
Also, we will be posting some how to series for some of our projects as well.


(Linking up to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch, Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage and Today's Creative Blog.)

Carrie


4 comments:

  1. It's lovely!
    I'm not usually a big fan of all-white, but you mixed in such beautiful textures and woods -- the room looks as if its been curated, not just decorated.
    good job!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. The porch looks terrific! You are so lucky to have an enclosed porch like that....Next house I get it must have a porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words about our project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great ! We are looking at purchasing a house but the porch is at the front of the house and of course everyone has to walk thru it to get into the house! So here I am googling for ideas on how to make it inviting ! Thanks for the ideas...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I appreciate each and every cottage visitor and hope you willll come back again soon! Carrie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...