Monday, April 23, 2012

Mother's Day Centerpiece


A Mother's Day Centerpiece.

Are you entertaining guests for Mother's Day?
I thought I would share how I took my simple Spring Centerpiece,
to a perfect casual centerpiece for a Mother's Day brunch, lunch or casual dinner.

First I filled my white pitcher overflowing with these fresh green Snowball Viburnum.
 I added a smaller container & filled them with a pop of purple from the clematis from the trellis.
For a casual get together I like to place stacked plates for easy access right in the center of the table.
I think it sets the tone for your guests that it is intended to be a casual occassion.
The silverware I placed in a third small pitcher.


I think this table setting makes for a casual comfortable environment when guests arrive.
It also saves you a little time as the host.
When the meal is ready, you don't have to spend time setting the table or getting out the dinnerware.
White dishes are a must have for me.
I love white serveware, dishes, pitchers, platters...you name it.
You can never have too much white serveware in my opinion.
White is a staple you can use in a casual or formal setting
The best part about this table setting is I did it all without spending a penny.
By using the basic essential dinnerware I had & basic white pitchers
all that was left was taking time to cut some fresh flowers from the garden.
Once that was done a few more minutes arranging the pitchers & done.
Simple. Casual. Beautiful.
What are your Mother's Day plans?
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Ver nice . . . I too like the whites . . . A basic white dinnerware can be dressed with other designs and colors for the varying seasons. And one can never go wrong with vases of Pom Poms, Hydrangeas, Iris, Tulips, Cosmos, Zinnas . . . I can't wait . . . . My Mother's Day will see Helebores and Trillium from the wood gardens and hopefully my two grown up kids and their children digging, preparing, planting in my new cutting garden. I wish I could dig along with them but my injured finger/hand will need their Mothers Day energy this year.

    Happy Spring and house restoration . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a white dish kind of gal too. That's all I registered for when I got married ;-)

    Your centerpiece is gorgeous. You have a knack for arranging flowers and using different colors to play up the white. Beautiful job! I found you over at the blog hop and I'm happily following you along. I'd love for you to come and check me out too.
    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely centerpiece, just beautiful! I love using pitchers to hold flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is simple but I can sense the love and passion you put in preparing this table. I love how you pull all things together to make this table possible.

    Damask Tablecloths

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I appreciate each and every cottage visitor and hope you willll come back again soon! Carrie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...